Call back request
The increasing amount of globalisation has resulted in many individuals having a opportunity to own assets from multiple countries. Each governed by their own set of laws and successions rules.
Today more than ever, individuals and families need guidance on planning for the possible cross-border tax and succession law implications that may arise from having assets situated in multiple jurisdictions.
We are able offer advise and assist with the numerous requirements of estate administration and tax settlement where an estate involves property outside of the United Kingdom as well as discussing a variety of issues, including:
- The administration of international and cross boarder estates.
- Preparing and planning for administration of British citizens living abroad and foreign citizens living in the UK.
- The assessment of an individual’s residency and domicile status.
- The preparation of cross-border Wills and identification of foreign tax and succession taxation.
- Providing advice to trustees and beneficiaries both in the UK and abroad regarding trust and estate administration.
- Working with lawyers in other countries to arrange for the appropriate administration of an estate.
- Advising clients aboard on the application of the UK inheritance tax doctrine.
Mark Shaw a director at AWB Charlesworth Solicitor is recognised nationally as a specialist in cross border estates having obtained a distinction in the STEP advanced certificate in Cross Border Estates. Mark and other members of the team will offer practical bespoke advice and ensure that the correct legal, tax and administrative processes are followed.