Call back request
Selling a Commercial Property
Our Commercial Property solicitors have extensive experience in dealing with sales of commercial property, from the sale of a single shop to dealing with sales of large portfolio properties.
When selling commercial property, the speed of the transaction is often the key factor. With our experience we can ensure that the transaction completes within your required timescale and at the right fee.
The key steps to a successful commercial property sale can be summarised as:
- Heads of terms – normally an agent acting on your behalf will agree the basic terms of your sale e.g. price, target timescales, any pre-conditions and provide a summary of this to your solicitors.
- Provision of title documents – we will review your title deeds and provide the other side with the relevant documents that establish your ownership of the property and the matters affecting it.
- Replying to enquiries – we will assist you in preparing any replies to both standard and bespoke enquiries raised by your purchaser’s legal representatives.
- Review of finance arrangements – we will liaise with your lender as appropriate to achieve redemption of your mortgage and its removal from your title.
- Exchange of contracts – this is the point at which you are legally bound to sell the property and a completion date is fixed.
- Completion – the property is legally transferred into your name.
Recent instructions to our Commercial Property solicitors include:
- The sale of a large industrial property.
- The sale of a public house
- The disposal of a modern office block.